that definitely adds a level of complexity, but is solvable. the problem comes into play when you start searching. you would need a joins and search on the country as well. you could add a hash into the columns like country: :name and modify the search.
I've recently switched the Drifting Ruby comments over from Summernote to SimpleMDE which gives better familiarity to code editing WYSIWYG.
Using three backticks, followed by a language, you can create the code blocks
There is not an option to subscribe via PayPal. Unfortunately, we have disagreements with their business practices and will not integrate with them.
It looks like form_with is not supported.
So if a person wants to use form_with they will need to use good old fashion jQuery validation?
Yea, that's what it sounds like. Seems kind of silly to not support form_with if the other two will be deprecated in the next year or so.
Yeah it does haha
By the way. Do you have a video about how to create the commenting style like you have? It's much like Reddit :)
I don't yet, I plan to add one and work on this one more. I used Summernote for a while, but I didn't like having to deal with parsing HTML in some scenarios. This seemed like a much better option since most developers are familiar with Markdown. This library is called SimpleMDE (https://simplemde.com/). I'll probably cover an episode on it soon with integrating with ActiveStorage or something similar.
Yea. It is definitely much cooler on projects that have a bunch of contributors. Running it on the Ruby or Rails repo is pretty amazing.
Would an episode on combining and building on Elasticsearch and Searchkick do what you're looking for? Personally, I like having more control over my services if possible. Especially if you're hosting with someone like AWS where there are hosted instances of Elasticsearch. I did an [episode]https://www.driftingruby.com/episodes/searchkick-and-elasticsearch) a while back, but can see the added benefit of building in the overall search functionality with multiple models.
I believe that this is caused by the url_for which creates the presigned_key URL and has a 5 minute default expiration. You could instead of the JSON response of the direct URL, you send the response back which goes to the SHOW action of the ArticleImage. The show action will get the record and redirect to the S3 link from the url_for. This could have the added benefit of checking authorization/authentication of the image about to be displayed to a user. This would also solve the expiration time as it would generate a new link. You could also wrap the url_for with a Rails.cache.fetch and set the expiration to 5 minutes to prevent the overhead of having to get another signed url for every request of the same image within the given interval.
Brilliant, thanks for that. Not sure about a couple of the steps you mention but sure a google search will provide lol.
I'm interested in this as well. I'll do some research and will probably write up a blog article about it. If I had to guess, it will be removing the default image button and making a custom button which mimics the Drag/Drop functionality.