cjstewar PRO said almost 2 years ago on Record Audio to Active Storage :
This is really cool! Question: Do you have any episodes that cover uploading music files and reading/changing meta data tags?

David Kimura PRO said almost 2 years ago on Record Audio to Active Storage :
  I do not currently have one for reading the metadata tags, but I like the idea. I think that changing the metadata could be a bit more difficult, but reading it should be possible.

cjstewar PRO said almost 2 years ago on Record Audio to Active Storage :
Even reading would be great!

dedannie said over 1 year ago on Record Audio to Active Storage :
What need to be changed if we would like record video instead of audio?

David Kimura PRO said over 1 year ago on Record Audio to Active Storage :
  You would likely need to make most of your changes in the recorder function and also change the stream function to allow video. This episode may help with getting the camera to show. You would just want to ignore the bits about the streaming server as you wouldn't be transmitting the video feed.

dedannie said over 1 year ago on Record Audio to Active Storage :
Yes, I made it work. Thanks a lot!

snRenato said over 1 year ago on Record Audio to Active Storage :
instead of recording could I upload an audio instead ?

David Kimura PRO said over 1 year ago on Record Audio to Active Storage :
  Yes, and you would likely not use any of the Stimulus controller parts since the file is already generated. For audio files (and likewise with images), you should probably have some front end validation with the mime types that you would accept in a comma separated string. For example, in this case, you would accept MP3 (or similar).

<%= form.file_field :media, direct_upload: true, accept: 'audio/mpeg' %>

Jeremy Bray PRO said 2 months ago on Record Audio to Active Storage :
David any plans to update this as it doesnt seem to be working in rails 7

David Kimura PRO said 2 months ago on Record Audio to Active Storage :
  Jeremy Bray I just set this up again and it seemed to work in a Rails 7 application. The only changes that I had to make from the show notes was

# Terminal
yarn add @rails/activestorage

# application.js
import * as ActiveStorage from "@rails/activestorage"
ActiveStorage.start()

Is there something that you're experiencing different?

Jeremy Bray PRO said 2 months ago on Record Audio to Active Storage :
Thanks David, I got it working. Can I ask if I wanted to submit the form on stop, how would i do that?