Togaking said about 2 years ago on Progressive Web Applications :
This was an excellent presentation - I directly migrated all functionality, excluding the installation of my manifest.json file directly from the presentation.

Following the video, and migrating to match, my manifest.json file won't download - it looks like it can't even be seen.

In my applcation.html.haml file, I have

%link{:href => "/manifest.json", :rel => "manifest"}/

after that, I update my routes.rb to contain manifest.json as a route

get '/service-worker.js', to: 'service_workers/workers#index'
get '/manifest.json', to: 'service_workers/manifests#index'

And finally, I have, per your code, a directory named service_workers inside of views, with manifests/index.json.erb and workers/index.js.erb inside of it.  Everything works perfectly, excluding the ability to see/download/install my PWA, because manifest.json isn't found.

Did I miss something?  Do I need to do something else to get the manifest.json file to be seen/downloaded?

Togaking said about 2 years ago on Progressive Web Applications :
Ha!  Typo on my part.  Excellent summary for PWA w/Rails.  Thank you!

wastetime909 said almost 2 years ago on Progressive Web Applications :
Hi,
I have a web application using ActionCable and stimulus.js for real time update and push notification (thanks to your other episode). Do you know if there's any resource that can help me add these features to the PWA, please?

Thank you.

wastetime909 said almost 2 years ago on Progressive Web Applications :
Also,

This works well on development environment. What about production environment with Webpacker?  serviceworker-rails require sprockets for precompiling the js files for production. Can you provide some guidance on production environment, please?

Thanks

David Kimura PRO said almost 2 years ago on Progressive Web Applications :
  wastetime909 The episode doesn't use the serviceworker-rails gem for this episode. I'm actually using this technique from this episode on https://www.pingverse.com/ and it seems to work well.

TEST
pingVerse

Simple and Affordable Uptime Tracking and Incident Management

wastetime909 said almost 2 years ago on Progressive Web Applications :
I got it working now. Thanks for your help!