almokhtar said over 1 year ago on Creating and Reading QR Codes :
The debugger you using in top of page is that scout apm ?

David Kimura PRO said over 1 year ago on Creating and Reading QR Codes :
It’s Rack Mini Profiler and comes standard by default with Rails 6.1.

s410187018 said over 1 year ago on Creating and Reading QR Codes :
What is 'Flaky' means in 16:23?

Sorry, my English is not so good.

bigwheeler PRO said over 1 year ago on Creating and Reading QR Codes :
'Flaky' is like 'unreliable.' Something you can't depend on to work properly 100% of the time.

David Kimura PRO said over 1 year ago on Creating and Reading QR Codes :
Exactly. I wouldn't expect the form field to be nested within the canvas since the "tag" is not a block enclosing the form field.

jackc97 said over 1 year ago on Creating and Reading QR Codes :
Hi David, can I ask how did you implement the "Code" section besides the "Comment" area? It's perfect to show the file structure and code. Did you use a gem?

David Kimura PRO said over 1 year ago on Creating and Reading QR Codes :
  jackc97  It was a custom solution. I have a gitlab server which hosts the files and this site communicates to the gitlab server via their open API. I basically then list out the files and folders and display whichever file that was clicked on.

carlos puche said over 1 year ago on Creating and Reading QR Codes :
Hello there, i'm a junior developer, i would like create a search by scan qr code, i created the barcode for each pets (in my case) but i don't how can create a search in the index method, can someone help me and thanks...

actually my problem is how can i use the camera on the index method??

<%= form.label :name %>
  <%= content_tag :div, 'data-controller': 'scanner' do %>
    <%= content_tag :canvas, nil, width: 400, height: 240, 'data-scanner-target': 'canvas' %>
    <%= form.text_field :name, class: 'form-control', 'data-scanner-target': 'output' %>
  <% end %>

ovi_tsb said about 1 year ago on Creating and Reading QR Codes :
Hi Dave, I did everything like you did  (I believe :)) ) but my camera doesn't start. I don't see any errors in my console and my canvas is displayed. What I have different is the ruby '2.4.1' and 'rails', '~> 5.2.4', '>= 5.2.4.4'. Do you think those can block my camera?
Thanks

David Kimura PRO said about 1 year ago on Creating and Reading QR Codes :
  ovi_tsb Look at your browser's console to see if there are any errors

ovi_tsb said about 1 year ago on Creating and Reading QR Codes :
I rebuild everything in rails 6  like you have and it's working.
Please help me with searching. I want something like when you scan a QRcode what exist in a product send to show page and if is not saved send to new product page.
After scanning the code it give me the path of the product not the name like in your case

David Kimura PRO said about 1 year ago on Creating and Reading QR Codes :
A QR code is really just an encoded text. There isn't really any kind of data structure to it. So it can have text like the product name or a URL to it.