Curated list of episodes, bundled to help you on your learning path!
Videos of tech, infrastructure, hardware and software which non-instructional by nature.
Articles around software and tutorials.
Show your love and support while looking fancy.
import contribQualityLevels from 'videojs-contrib-quality-levels'
- I'm wondering whether you could provide a few more resources about what you researched in order to figure out how to work with FFMPEG and HLS. For example, how often and where might you look to keep tabs on new developments/make updates so that you keep up with high quality video serving?
HLS, DASH, and future HTTP streaming protocols library for video.js - videojs/http-streaming
- What are the tradeoffs that you've found to using mp4 over webm ? Since we have already broken out ffmpeg, should we add a step to transcode to webm instead of mp4?
- I'm curious why did you choose to go with a bash script over writing an FFMPEG wrapper in ruby (or using an existing gem, like streamio-ffmpeg)?
- When you deploy this to production -- how do you monitor resource usage/failures?
- How might you write tests for an the `ConvertHls` class?
- How might you debug the bash script if you deploy to prod?
Using RailsUJS, ActiveJob, ActionCable and Stimulus, we create a realtime feedback for background jobs running to provide a better user experience.
[NULL @ 0x7f8c74813200] Unable to find a suitable output format for 'aac'
aac: Invalid argument
ffmpeg version 4.2.4
ffmpeg version 5.0-static
Mine is ffmpeg version 5.0 and I am running it on mac M1
ffmpeg -hide_banner -y -i tmp/videos/$1.mp4 \-hls_base_url "$2/users/" \-threads 1\-c:a aac -ar 48000 -c:v h264 -profile:v main -crf 20 -sc_threshold 0 -hls_time 4 -hls_playlist_type vod -vf scale=w=640:h=360:force_original_aspect_ratio=decrease \-b:v 800k -maxrate 700000 -bufsize 700000 -b:a 96k \-hls_segment_filename tmp/videos/$1/$1_360p_%03d.ts \tmp/videos/$1/$1_360p.m3u8 \
-threads 1 \